Cloud Systems Engineer
Found in: beBee S CZ
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world. Job Overview
TE Connectivity's IT Software and Systems Administration Teams support mainframe, Unix, Linux, and Windows based servers. This includes installation, configuration, ongoing maintenance and backup/recovery of physical and virtual servers. They monitor servers for performance and availability, and works with customers and vendors to troubleshoot hardware and software issues. TE's IT Software and Systems Administration Teams analyze application requirements and recommend appropriate hardware configuration to meet requirements, install, configure, upgrade, monitor, troubleshoot technical systems software such as middleware, portal, e-mail, collaboration, unified communications, systems monitoring, trouble ticketing, software distribution, etc. They also evaluate new products, upgrade features and recommend toolset selection.Competencies
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
Cloud Systems Engineer
As part of TE's core Cloud COE (Center of Excellence), the Cloud Operations Admin will work within the guidelines of TE's cloud strategy, standards and framework, and will have a key role with the support of TE's cloud platforms, focusing on the delivery of platform services (servers, databases, load balancers, storage, etc.), troubleshooting, participating in project consulting with our application users, and collaborating with our senior team members to help drive system stability through well architected cloud services, as well as a mindset of IaC (Infrastructure as Code). Our goal is to deliver an immutable and secure cloud platform with repeatable and consistent cloud infrastructure services to support our business needs.
This will be a direct report to the Manager for the Cloud Architecture, Design & Operations team, within TE's Global Infrastructure & Security Solutions COE.
• Implement and manage IaaS and PaaS services in TE's cloud platforms (following manual processes and/or automation with scripts / tools). Support/management scope are for core infrastructure services (servers, elastic load balancers, storage, virtual private cloud containers, gateways, etc.). Database support will be confined to delivery of either server images with DB software or PaaS DB's, under the guidelines of our global DB standards.
• OS level support of both Windows and Linux environments, including troubleshooting, responding to platform alerts, and change management (cloud server system admin responsibilities)
• OS hardening and scripted tool installation
• Utilizing SSM Patch Manager to apply OS patching
• Collaborate with other platform technology tower operation teams (server, database, storage, backup & recovery) to troubleshoot and support platform services
• Respond and action alerts / Service Now tickets for issues and new requests
• Assist with identifying areas for improvement to drive automation and improve the resiliency / health of our cloud services
• Drive the improvement of our cloud documentation (either new or updating)
• Participate in team meetings and contribute with cross-team knowledge sharing
Competencies & Experience/Qualifications:
• General understanding of infrastructure solution concepts (DNS, network LAN/WAN, virtualization technologies, active directory, database technologies, Windows/Linux operating systems)
• Strong understanding the use of core cloud services such as S3, EC2, EFS, SSM, RDS, Lambda, AWS Backup, etc.
• Server OS support and troubleshooting, as well as external dependencies that server functionality depends on, such as storage, updates, licensing, and supporting tier 0 services, such as network connectivity
• Working with userdata scripts, SSM, and EC2 Builder to standardize images
• AWS SSM Patch manager
• Ability to create from scratch / update / enhance cloud formation scripts (Infrastructure as code) using native services (AWS Cloud Formation), or working with industry standard cloud scripting languages (Python, Terraforms, YAML, JSON) a plus
• Self-driven and able to work in an agile team within a large enterprise organization, collaborating with other technical towers
• Willingness to learn and the ability to grasp new concepts / build onto existing foundational knowledge
Experience & Qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
• AWS certification in System Ops, Solution Architecture, or DevOps a plus
• 4+ years' experience in a technical role related to the Computer Science and technology field (infrastructure platforms / virtualized environments)
• 3+ years' experience with server support
• 3+ years' experience with working with core IaaS cloud services (AWS)
• Experience in support of container services (docker/Kubernetes) a plus
1 week ago
Brno, South Moravian, Czech Republic
Job DescriptionPreferred QualificationsThe teamWe are looking for engineers with exposure to DevOps and Agile, to join...
Oracle - Brno, South Moravian - beBee S CZ
Job Overview:As part of TE's core Cloud COE (Center of Excellence), the Cloud Operations Admin will work within the...
TE Connectivity - Brno, South Moravian - beBee S CZ